Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Parenthood Club

Have you ever got all gussied up, make up and hair done perfectly, your outfit is rockin' and you're on your way to the hottest club? You're standing in line, waiting to get in; some of us get in right way, some of us wait a while but get in, some of us wait a really long time but eventually get in. Sadly, others won't get in. That's how I feel about my journey to parenthood. Parenthood is like a club that I keep lining up to get into and the bouncer keeps telling me to fuck off.

I'm 6 days past a 5 day transfer. Too early to test and the waiting is seriously killing me. I feel so rattled and I'm having a hard time being settled. I'm preparing myself for the worst because let's be real here, there is a very real chance this cycle could end in a negative beta. So, here I am, on a lovely Sunday afternoon, the sun is shining, it's warm outside but my mood is very down today.

I know I can't continue TTC any longer; I just don't know how I'm going to reconcile living childfree. Infertility and miscarriage really suck.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from another 2WWer! I am 5dp3dt and going crazy. It is cycle #5 for me and I have to say I know how you feel......Feeling like the bouncer told me to fuck off and never come back. LOL! Love your analogy..... Best of luck to you. Hope you get in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hon, I want this so badly for you. I wish I could make all the pain go away and have a beautiful baby magically appear in your arms. Hang in there, the wait will be over soon, just a few more days. I am keeping all fingers/toes crossed for good news on wednesday! Lots of love and hugs. G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a couple more days and I am praying hard that this is finally your sticky baby.

    I hope you and DH get in and get an awesome table in the VIP section.

    GL cutie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Marisa, I have everything and then some that you are going to find out your in the club on Wednesday! It will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete