Thursday, October 6, 2011

My baby is growing up...

So, I started an internship last month, which means I'm co-facilitating a group on Thursday nights. Simon and I talked about the internship and we both felt it was important for my career and will bring in extra income once I'm a certified group therapist. I have to be at group on Thursdays at 4:00 in the afternoon; this means Simon comes home early on Thursdays to take care of Isla.

Simon's work has been incredibly demanding lately and he called me in the early afternoon today to tell me he couldn't come home on time today for me to run group. I was in such a panic because I needed to figure out with whom I would leave Isla. In the end, my sisters, Kara and Sasha, graciously offered to babysit for me.

Although I had found a solution, I was still in a panic because Simon and I have left Isla of the care of someone else only one time and she was about 6 or 7 weeks old at the time. Isla generally freaks out when I move out of her line of sight (this started around the time she turned 6 months) and I was really nervous that she would throw a fit with my sisters once she realized I wasn't there.

Turns out I didn't need to worry at all. Turns out she did great :) She had a great time with her aunties and her cousins. I can't believe how independent my little one is! This makes me feel a lot better leaving her at daycare.

My daughter, this little person I brought into the world, is growing up so fast. Please father time...slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment