Friday, September 17, 2010

Back from Vacation

S and I are back from the lovely island of St. Maarten. The weather was hot and sunny. The beaches were fantastic, turquoise water as far as you can see. It was wonderful to spend some time with S, just him and me, resting and recharging. We've spent this week at home, looking after a few home projects.

So, you would think after two weeks of vacation, I'd be ready to go back to work. Wrong! While I enjoy my work, the dynamics on my team are bizarre, conflicted and confusing, making for a toxic environment. Of course, leaving is not an option because I'm pregnant so, I have been creative about making myself scarce. The good news is, the light at the end of the tunnel is near. My last day of work is December 31st, I'm using the balance of my vacation time starting next January and I start my maternity leave on January 17/11. So, all I have to do is make it to the end of this year.

In other news, I had an OB appointment yesterday. All is looking good with the baby :) I am still in shock that I've even gotten this far in a pregnancy. While enjoying the wonderful beaches of St. Maarten, I thought about the incredibly difficult struggle that is infertility, the deep impact it had (and will always have) on me and S and, the way in which infertility significantly tested the bonds my marriage. No one should have to go through infertility or miscarriage; the trauma is indescribable. Yet, here I am, almost 22 weeks pregnant, just over half way through to being a success after infertility. I tell you, it has been a crazy-making journey but here's to emerging on the other side with my sanity intact and with the best reward ever...a happy, healthy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment