Sunday, January 31, 2010

Here we go

My husband and I went to the pharmacy yesterday to pick up Lupron (Lupron will suppress my ovulation for next cycle so that I don't ovulate too early on stims). We get home and I'm looking at the 14 syringes in the box and I start to cringe. Firstly, I hate needles...any kind of needle really creeps me out! Secondly, I'm still in disbelief that this is the stage I'm at to conceive a child. I never, ever thought I would struggle with infertility. I think back to all the money I spent on birth control in my 20's...ha! I could have saved all the money for infertility treatments!

On a good note, I have been consistently working out and feeling very good about that. I'm starting this cycle overweight but at least I can still be active. My IVF nurse said I can continue with all my normal exercise during stimming and in fact, encouraged movement during my cycle. The only thing I can't do is hot yoga, which I will miss a lot :(

So, I'll take my first Lupron injection tonight. Scary and exciting at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment