Tuesday, April 19, 2011

3 months and 3 days ago...

My DH and I brought our daughter from the hospital and arrived at home at approximately 10:30 am. I remember there was a snowstorm that morning and it was snowing on the drive home. I was sitting in the backseat with Isla, just staring at her all bundled up in her car seat. I remember feeling overwhelmed with love for my baby and thinking there was no way I could love her more than I did at that moment. What I didn’t realize is that I would love her more and more every day. It’s actually scary how much you can love someone else. Scary and exhilarating.
So, Isla just turned 3 months on the weekend. I just can’t get over how much she has changed since she was born. She looks a lot like my husband but I see her personality is a lot like her mama; when she’s hungry, wants a diaper change or wants someone to play with her, she definitely lets you know :)

In other news, at 8 weeks post delivery, I lost all my pregnancy weight. Now, tackling the 30 pounds I was carrying when I got pregnant is another story. I know I need to exercise but am nervous because I don’t want my breast milk supply to tank (although my doctor says it’s perfectly fine for me to start exercising slowly and work my way back up to the level I was doing before getting pregnant). I think I will start with 15 minute runs and see what my body does. I really hope I reach my goal weight in the next few months...I don’t want to spend another summer being overweight.

I’m trying to decide whether or not to return to my job after my maternity leave. My job has a lot of positives and just as many negatives. I had lunch with a co-worker last week and she was giving me the latest updates since I’ve been gone and let’s just say it is business as usual on my team...sigh...In any case, I don’t have to return to work until next January so, I have a lot of time to think about what I’m going to do career-wise. And in the meantime, I intend to enjoy my leave with my princess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment